Mission to Norway 1970-1972Brent Leland GriggSection 1
This is a blog created to share mission experiences and thoughts from Brent Grigg's mission to Norway from 1970-1972. I hope to share positive experiences and thoughts that could be shared with your family in your Family Home Evenings. I am gleaning thoughts from his mission journal and will be including a few of the slides that he took while in Norway.
Some of this blog will be my summary of his journal entries and others will be direct quotes from him. I have included short excerpts to show his humor, insights, and testimony. Someday, some of you may want to read his journal in its entirety. As his children and grandchildren read this blog, I hope that everyone will see his love and desire to serve his Father in Heaven and the people of Norway. I plan to include a post each month throughout 2023.
Section 1. Pre mission thoughts and preparations
Brent received the call to the Norwegian Mission on January 9, 1970.
He was set apart for his mission by President Clair Johnson on March 1, 1970.
He entered the Mission home on March 7, 1970.
He left Salt Lake City on March 7, 1970.
He arrived in Drammen, Norway on May 8, 1970.
His mission President was President Johannson
Brent records that his farewell program was on February, 22, 1970. He commented in his journal that he was the first missionary to be leaving from the Boise College second ward. He records that he gave his poem entitled, Hva Stel Jeg Jgere? and expressed his thanks to all his friends. He also says he "mentioned the loss of his beard which was very unique considering the circumstances". (I think we will all wish he had said more about the beard)
March, 1970
Brent entered the mission home in Salt Lake City on March 7, 1970.




No comments:
Post a Comment