Sunday, November 27, 2022

Mission to Norway 1970-1972 Brent Grigg Section 11



                                                                                                                         

December 5,  1971

It was sure a nice fast.  I've really grown to enjoy the purpose of fasting.  I get so much strength from it.  The Forsberg family showed up for church.  That was cool. I only hope they really enjoyed the meeting.  

December 6, 1971

We did some new tracting in the blocks over the bridge and did some retracting.  We placed two Book of Mormons.  Then to Moss and visit the Elders and back home made an appointment with the L'smo family and went to Gluppe and placed a Book of Mormon and spent the rest of the evening with Sister Solbaakken. There were sure a lot of kids there.  I thought I was going to die.  But everything went just fine.

                                              

December 11,1971

We traveled to Holden for team meeting. It sure was a nice team meeting.  We enjoyed seeing the castle and talking with each other.  We came home.  I filled out Christmas cards and did that which was necessary.  By then it was time for bed.  

December 18, 1971

December 18 was sure a build up.  We went to Oslo and were able to be helped with our duties.  We came home and then prepared this and that and then went out to see the Forsbergs.  We taught them the 3rd discussion and convinced them the need of a prophet.  We received a return appointment for Sunday. That ended our day. 

December 19

We went and taught the Forsberg family. They agreed to a have a fast and to pray about church and its truthfulness.  I'll never forget his prayer he offered and his remarks afterwards.  "Du ma be!" (You must pray)

December 22, 1971

I worked all day with Elder Gesster and we had a hay day.  We placed 5 Book of Mormons and we gave a first discussion which was really cool.  I hope they will come into the church. it sure is fun working with new Elders.  You just seem to be lifted up.  

December 25, 1971

This was sure a different Christmas.  We decide to visit the State Church to hear their message.  This was how it went.  There was a choir that sang and a few talks given. Before and after each talk there was a prayer.  The main talk by Bishop Per Lonning concerned the word, fear not.  He used it in the world today and tried to bring people to understand the importance of the living of the gospel.  I received a Christmas card from the Forsberg family. It was so cool.  I am so confident that they will be baptised.  

                                                                       

December 29, 1971

. . . . . That evening there was a very cool experience.  Elder Cook and I after 3 hours had very little luck. We went out and prayed.  When we were through praying we both felt that we had better visit this certain house.  We were rejected downstairs. But we both knew there was something three. So we went upstairs and knocked a woman came to the door and we were invited in at once.  We sat down and explained the gospel. She was interested.  We will return and teach her this coming New Years Eve. It is so cool.  

January 2, 1971

We spent the evening teaching the Forsberg family the 4th discussion.  We sure did try to commit them to a baptismal commitment.  After teaching the 4th discussion they wouldn't decide.  I was really impressed by the prayer that was offered by Sister Forsberg.  I must really say I was really humbled.  

January 12, 1971

There are many changes that have been made.  We called the president and were told that I would be moving to Oslo as Zone leader. What a surprise.  So the days activities were that of getting prepared to move. We taught as old lady and Elder Frylant and I were able to make a return appointment to teach the Forsberg family. 


January 13, 1971

At 2:30 we began to teach the Forsberg family. It was so cool.  The spirit was there too. I'm confident they will be baptized in time. 

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission to Norway 1970-1972 Brent Grigg Section 1

Mission to Norway 1970-1972 Brent Leland Grigg Section 1 This is a blog created to share mission experiences and thoughts from Brent Grigg...