Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Mission to Norway 1970-1972 Brent Grigg Section 9



It is hard to decide what to post for the family to read.   Brent was very good about recording in his journal something every day.  
I am condensing 20 pages of entries each month into one or two pages. I try to posts happy posts and some discouraging ones, but have to miss many other entries.  It would be a very long post if I put everything from his journal here.  I hope everyone finds it enjoyable.  I often wonder about the families he teaches and how they are doing today.

 July 4, 1971

It has sure been a wonderful fast day. It is very uplifting when you can have the Lord's spirit to  help and guide you in your work. Last night I had the feeling that my prayers would be answered and they were today at Sunday School during class. It was just fantastic.  I feel so much at ease because I have found out just how I should preach the gospel.  That inner feeling was there.  Something I haven't had for some time.  It was a wonderful feeling.  

July 5, 1971

What a long day.  I have never felt so tired in my life.  It seems like we walked forever.  I sometimes wonder if it is all worth it.  I guess it really is.  I can remember what I said after baptizing the Foss family. It was worth every minute of it.  

July 13, 1971

I received some real cool letters to help me in my work. I guess you would say it was the best letter I have had in a long time.  They were geared to the work.   It was fantastic.  My dad challenged me to beat him in baptisms.  I'm going to try my hardest.    

July 30, 1971

. . . . . Now comes the testimony meeting.  I sure did enjoy this testimony meeting.  I really felt the witness of the spirit.  i will never forget how much I lost my strength as I bore testimony to the truthfulness of the gospel and to the fact that I had been converted.  Tears streamed down my eyes as I said with a voice of a trumpet. "I am converted.  Strengthen your brethren."

August 12, 1971

Tracted all morning long with little results.  Few people home and not many wanting to hear the truth.   

August 17, 1971

I picked up my sweater sent me from the Clistad's in Moss.  It sure was a pretty sweater.  The price was just outrageous.  


August 30, 1971

It seems like I am always having a hard time staying asleep at nights.  I guess it is worth it as long as the Lord keeps blessing us.  I am sure that this days activities will be remembered.  

September 8, 1971

We had a open house. It was for the Relief Society.  It wasn't really bad.  We received many referrals from Oge Lerdahl, a new member.  We just thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  It was cool.  

September 13, 1971

We had a day of placing Books of Mormons and giving discussions.  We gave one first and placed three.  We also had a fast day for an investigator boy.  They wanted us to bless him. It was sure something to lay our hands upon that boy's head and have the feeling come over me that he was to remain as he was.  The Lord had a purpose that Ole Peter should be crippled.  His father was sure happy and his mother smiled continuously.  I have never seen the love they had for that child. I hope I can always be remindful of their love.  They gave us Smorrebrod (bread and butter)  and we stayed with them a little while.  His mother left and we invited them out to church.  He, the boys father, was just so thankful that we could give their son a blessing.  When we left he gave us both a large hug.  I'll never forget it.  

September 16, 1971

Our morning just seemed to hit the spot.  We worked all morning long but not much action.  Then about 1:00 we began teaching discussions. Two firsts, one right after another.  We never even placed any Books of Mormon.  But we did get some nice commitments. 

September 25, 1971

What a day to remember! I must say that I'm completely out of gas.  My poor body just won't go much more.  We began early this morning with study class.  Cleaning the hybel (dorm) and then seeing the Evan's family.  We had two baptisms planned with Sister Solbakken and her daughter and a Mr. Herr Hash. It was really cool. Afterwards we left on the train and I and my companion were just completely dead. 

September  26, 1971

We are always the busiest on the Sabbath. Why I don't know.  I guess it is always the best day to do the Lord's work.  We had an investigator come to church.   (The interesting thing is that this is Brent's birthday and he made no comment on remembering that it was his birthday or doing anything special to celebrate)  





 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission to Norway 1970-1972 Brent Grigg Section 1

Mission to Norway 1970-1972 Brent Leland Grigg Section 1 This is a blog created to share mission experiences and thoughts from Brent Grigg...