January 4-5, 1971
I sure didn't feel well after the nights sleep. I have been homesick and fight to receive the spirit of the Lord as I once had it. (later in the day) I went to the doctor and was told that I have an infection in my sinuses. He gave me some Penicillin pills and told me to come back in a week. We went to the Post Office and there was my Christmas package. I have many doubts about having another sent from home. This is what happened. We opened a package from Bud and Joanne. It had all kinds of cookies and manmade small goodies. That was sure kind of them. When I opened the large package from home, it had a calendar from mom, dad gave me a shirt which I really needed. I received some new temple garments and some peanut butter, some deodorant, amd toothpaste and face cream, and some cookies from Joe and Sharon. It was sure nice that they all sent so much. I have just one regret. (I must not forget mother's fruit cake and Bud and Joanne's) When I opened the package it looked as though it had already been opened. There were cookies all over on my shirt and garments. There were just many things I could see. I just hope that the next Christmas will be more organized. I was really disappointed in that the package had been opened and that a few things were missings.
January 20, 1971
(Brent talks a lot about being sick all through January. He and his companion still find time to
tract and visit with new investigators.)
I just cannot believe it! My companion is now overcome with sickness. Will we ever be able to work here? Despite my companion's sore throat we went to see Brother Stand. We sure had a wonderful and spiritual discussion. I have so many thoughts about him. The progress we could make if we could only bring him into the church. I imagine that with is position it will take awhile. The rest of the day was spent reading and trying to keep myself busy. Of course it wasn't hard at Bestemor's. We ate just about everything.
February 1-6, 1971
This week has sure gone by fast. I guess it is all because we were busy in the work of the Lord. We seemed to accomplish much. It feels good to be back on the right track. It feels great to be well again.
February 14, 1971
Sunday was Mother's day here in Norway. I bought some flowers and gave them to all the mothers that were in the gren (Branch). It sure seemed worth the money to see the smiles on their faces. We went for a Sunday walk to see the German (brinkers?) and to take some pictures. It sure felt nice to be out and relax.We had an appointment at 4:00 and went and just had time to bear our testimony. Then Sacrament meeting and to Bestemors (Grandmother). (She is the lady that fed the elders and took such good care of them).
February 20-28, 1971
We have received a most wonderful help from Elder Overeson and Elder Price. They have seemed to show me how much I have missed by not being a little more aggressive and more willing to show by example how a real missionary works. I must really try my hardest to be a total missionary.
March 8-10, 1971
Well it finally happened, I received word that I would be moved to Moss as CDL (District Leader?)
So the next two days were spent preparing and sending all my farewells. It was sure hard to say goodbye to Bestemor and the rest, but I imagine that is the way a missionary's life is. Now we are in Moss the 12th of March and I really believe I will start liking it here. We have some real wonderful investigators.
March 10-17, 1971
I have become very busy. It is getting harder and harder to find time to write my experiences. I guess I should make a much more better effort of writing these precious memories. The Lord has really blessed me with the opportunity I now have to teach people as I should. The Lord seems to have many ways of teaching us principles that we must learn of.
This evening we, Elder Kjar and I had the most wonderful discussion in my whole entire mission. Faith of a person that wants to do the work of the Lord, that is willing to obey the commandments given by our Father in Heaven.The Jesse family really did do one thing that I will be willing to state. They handed Elder Kjor the tobacco, and coffee along with a pipe. What a faith he and his family have, One that holds them united and keeps them doing the Lord's will. Now since he has such a big faith he wants his mother and every neighbor to hear the truth. He even wants to put his son's name in the paper, baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ.
March 28, 1971
A beautiful Sunday morning and day. the sun was shining and it was a real great day for the Lord's work. We went to church and with that came an invitation out to a Danish family. It was sure a wonderful dinner and a nice teaching time.
Well I am beginning a new better me after seeing the importance of living the commandments and trying to ready myself to the next calling the Lord might have me do.
March 31, 1971
I believe that the winter is beginning to leave and that the spring is
really coming in. My throat even feels better. Yes sir, it will be a wonderful summer her in Norway. . . . . . . . I can wait to see what happens tomorrow.
Information from Norway in some of the pamphlets the mission
made each month for the missionaries in Norway.




No comments:
Post a Comment